Teens are enslaved

JosephBronski · 439

JosephBronski

• View Profile
on: January 31, 2022, 10:42:06 pm
https://criticalagetheory.substack.com/p/teens-are-enslaved

Being a minor teen reproduces every detail of the institution of illegitimate slavery, where illegitimate signifies that the enslavement is not justifiable as being for the slave’s “own good.” That is, the slave does, in fact, have full mental capacity, and does not benefit by having someone else make his or her decisions.

Teenagers face every feature of slavery that African Americans experienced in the 19th century. It was illegal to murder a slave, and so too is it illegal to murder a teenager. But that is nearly the only protection afforded to those enslaved. Like black slaves, teenagers face whippings and beatings for disobedience, and if not that arbitrary confinement. It is perfectly legal across the US for a parent to “spank” their teenage property, with belts, paddles, straps, or whatever else, just as the owners of black slaves often whipped their victims. Paddling is still practiced in schools in 19 US states. Elsewhere teens are imprisoned without due process by parents and schools when they are “grounded” or assigned “detention.” Hollywood has made light of these labels, but they are serious civil rights violations, and though force is generally not used to coerce cooperation out of victims, those who fight back against said punishments are often sent to juvenile detention, or worse.

Unlucky, revolutionary teens are sent to concentration camps that resemble Soviet gulags, where they are deprived of an education and put to punitive labor. Starvation is a common punishment for misbehaved slave-teens in these camps. Collectively, this sadistic gulag-archipelago is known as the “Troubled Teen Industry,” or TTI for short. Camps are often located in the wilderness, in polities such as Utah, Jamaica, and Costa Rica. Bounty-hunters are often hired to “transport” victims to these places. Here is one of hundreds of testimonials about the abduction process:

I look up and bang 2 massive guys are entering my hotel room. So many thoughts rush through my head, my first instinct was that I’m being taken away, I had a feeling but didn’t think they would do this to me ON MY BIRTHDAY! Immediately I clutch my phone tightly and grab the lamp to my left. HELP HELP IM BEING KIDNAPPED, I shouted over and over, people were knocking on the door trying to find out what was going on as I wrestle these behemoths. I ended up destroying as much property as possible over these guys besides the tv, fucking monsters they were, glass bottles didn’t even phase them. Eventually a lady keys the door open to see fat albert sitting on my arm as I continue to clutch my phone. “CALL THE COPS” I tell her knowing it’s a futile effort, I was not going to make this easy, that was my philosophy. Eventually the bigger guy put my arm in such a painful hold I couldn’t bear the pain any more. Thinking back I should’ve let him break my arm. I coughed up my phone and agreed to work with them when the 2nd guy pulled a taser out saying they don’t want to cause any more commotion. I got into the car and willingly flew 5 hours out to Utah.

My parents had sent me to a Wilderness Therapy program on my birthday. Yep, this is my life now I thought as the workers take all of my belongings and zip them up into bags, giving me some used and some new clothes that I would be wearing for the next 60 something days. I’m going to stop this here but if anyone wants to hear about how my wilderness went / how I’m doing today I will make another post.

The camps are extremely abusive one the victim arrives. Anal penetration is common upon first arrival, in order to “check” for “illicit items.”

I was 13 years old when I entered Straight. I was there more than two years before I finally graduated. When I was released, I was 16 years old and mentally broken. My education was denied me. I couldn't speak clearly about the tortures I suffered and witnessed. After leaving, I could barely hold a normal conversation. I couldn't put the words together. I was angry and afraid. I was confrontational but most of all, I was lost.

Some camps use a Kapo-esque system:

I was thrown into a small intake room which was
probably about 10x10 with 7 girls. They confronted me about not
following the program and told me to go ahead and leave if I wanted
to. They then preceded to beat me, pull my hair, restrain me on the
floor for hours upon hours at a time. I'm talking about 4 girls
holding you face down with your arms behind your back, like the police
do. They would sit on top of me. One on each leg, and one on each
arm. Every hour or so they might be nice enough to stretch your arms
out for me, but the physical pain of those restraints was unbearable.
I turned into a violent person, because I was defending myself from
fights where I was far outnumbered. These fights happened daily in
Cincinnati and the fact that NO adult at that facility saw anything
wrong with that behavior blows my mind.

Sleeping conditions resemble those of gulags:

I don't think my mom knew they locked us in rooms at night, sometimes up
to 8 girls sleeping on mattresses or the floor. The 'oldcomer' would
push their bed in front of the door so there was no escaping. There
were alarms on the doors and windows

Teens often die in rural camps after being starved. See this re-enactment of the death of Aaron Bacon, who died on a death-march through the desert: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJz5pghLagY

Many other video and testimonials can be found here: https://troubledteenindustrywatchdog.wordpress.com/videos/

And before you think that all of these teens deserved it, they are not criminals. They have never been convicted of anything. These places, ironically, are where teens who don’t go to jail are sent by their hateful, abusive, slave owner “parents” without due-process. The conditions in these torture camps are extremely cruel and unusual — in a word, unconstitutional. American jail is much preferable to said places.

They get away with all of this because teens are considered property under US (and, more generally, Western) law. A teenager has no medical rights; if a teen does not want a vaccine, but his parents do want him to have it, he can be restrained and inoculated against his will. If a teen does want a vaccine, but his parents do not want him to have it, he is not allowed to receive it. In medicine, the need for a patient to agree with a procedure is called assent. The legal requirement for a responsible party to sign off on a procedure is called consent. Teens are neither afforded assent (the right to veto a procedure), nor consent (the right to sign off on a procedure).1

“Runaway” teens are hunted down and captured like the slaves they are. Imagine if marital vows were still literal and runaway wives could be tracked down and returned to their husbands. Wouldn’t that be awful? This is worse, because teens never entered an agreement for that to happen in the first place.

All of this, and how is it justified? The same why black slavery was justified. Teens are alleged to be inferior. But they aren’t; the brain is fully developed by the end of puberty at 14 or 15, as demonstrated in An Empirical Introduction to Youth. The real reason why teens are subjected to these horrors is the high school. The high school is the default prison for teens; I estimated that it is 97.8% exploitative, meaning 97.8% of the time spent in high school is a waste of time. In that time, nothing of value is learned by students. Either anti-intellectuals are force-fed Shakespeare, or future scholars are slowly taught redundancies and trivia. Either way, the system is a joke, and it only exists because 19th and early 20th century corporations wanted to make the masses pay for their own job-training. It was set up by the Rockefellers et. al, against the popular will. (See an Empirical Introduction to Youth, Chapter 2).

The hard facts demonstrate that these systems of oppression must be abolished. The high school must be abolished and replaced with a traditional system where 20% go on to college-level education after 8th grade and the other 80% begin hands-on internships and apprenticeships. To make way for this, ownership-by-parents must be abolished. Starting by the age of 13, youths must own their own bodies; this means they must have medical autonomy, the ability to both initiate and veto any procedure. The concentration camps must be abolished and those responsible must be prosecuted. Working and traveling laws must be adjusted to make way for the new education system.

There is already welfare for youths who are abandoned by their families, but teens must live in restrictive group homes which reproduce the oppressive parental-ownership system in order to receive it. These homes should be abolished, and the welfare should be converted to cash. In accordance with the new education system and the science of brain development, the new age of majority should be 15. Those 13 and up who are maturely pursuing their education or who have graduated should be granted minor status, as opposed to the pupil status of children, and should be allowed to proactively divorce bad parents, sign leases, and open bank accounts.

These policies will effectively end teen-slavery.

JuliusBranson

• View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 10:44:40 pm
I agree. This reminds me of another post I wrote elsewhere on the contradictions in liberalism. Nobody cares about the worst form of oppression that exists today. Nobody cares about all of the horrible ways in which I have been oppressed. Instead, they constantly make stuff up about the oppression of groups who are in reality privileged. It's really bizarre, totalitarian, Orwellian, Matrix-esque, etc. Hard to wrap my mind around sometimes.

JohnMaguire

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 03, 2022, 09:12:53 pm
Great post, I wish more people wrote about this stuff. The way they treat young people never sat right with me. I think this forum is at its best when we can discuss stuff like this while keeping in mind that 99% of those who disagree are just whiny status seekers. The real utility of this is that it helps us find actual rational objections to things that appeal legitimate at first glance. I'm not sure I see any rational objections here, though. Maybe someone else does.

MarathonAnon

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 03, 2022, 09:19:14 pm
Great post, I wish more people wrote about this stuff. The way they treat young people never sat right with me. I think this forum is at its best when we can discuss stuff like this while keeping in mind that 99% of those who disagree are just whiny status seekers. The real utility of this is that it helps us find actual rational objections to things that appeal legitimate at first glance. I'm not sure I see any rational objections here, though. Maybe someone else does.

The most rational objection I can think of is that teens aren't "literally" enslaved. Still, this sounds like whiny status seeking to me. At the end of the day, while teens often aren't profited off of that much, they definitely are sometimes. More prescient is that perhaps the motive for teen subordination is different. Is it not because people really believe they are mere children who must be cared for, whereas slavery was about exploitation?

JosephBronski

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 04, 2022, 11:46:54 am

The most rational objection I can think of is that teens aren't "literally" enslaved. Still, this sounds like whiny status seeking to me. At the end of the day, while teens often aren't profited off of that much, they definitely are sometimes. More prescient is that perhaps the motive for teen subordination is different. Is it not because people really believe they are mere children who must be cared for, whereas slavery was about exploitation?

No, you should read my book. Isn't the duty to be informed about forbidden knowledge one of the founding principles of this place? The motive for teen slavery is the same, if not worse, as the motive for black slavery or other forms of slavery. It is simply to profit and control. The high school, the locus of teen slavery, was set up by billionaires (then millionaires due to inflation) in the 19th and early 20th century so youth  could be indoctrinated and job-trained with the money of their community, instead of the money of the corporate elite. Around the infantilizing high school grew the hyper-subordination of mature 15-17 year olds, just as around the college grows the lesser, but still inappropriate, subordination of 18-20 year olds.